Wondering what you should you do when you are ready to list your home for sale? If you want to sell your home quickly for the best possible price, then setting the stage is imperative! As I tell my clients, the key is to “Have them at Hello”. Below are my top 5 tips for preparing:
- Spruce up the front yard, porch and entry. Give it a thorough cleaning and touch up the paint where needed. Toss your old outdoor mat and place a nice decorative rug on the porch.
- Thin out all closets to no more than two thirds full. Stack the excess neatly in boxes in your garage. Buyers know you are moving and will overlook an overfilled garage.
- Clear small objects from surfaces and walls as they will not photograph well. This also helps to declutter the home, giving it a more airy feeling. Prospective Buyers will have an easier time imagining their belongings in place.
- When your home is cleaned, make sure that it includes items such as light switches, baseboards, air registers, ceiling fans, blinds, and windows.
- Make sure your home is well lit when shown. If you have a pretty view, be sure to have the window coverings opened to highlight.
I’m committed to guiding my clients through every step of the process. Call or email me today for a free comparative market analysis on your home.